About Me

My photo
Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
Big licks to you! My name is Suzuki aka Suzi. I am 8 years old and have lived with my Mum and Dad since I was 6 weeks old! I have a younger sister named Tahlia, a younger brother named Scooby Doo and a rabbit brother named Brandon. I am a water baby, I love the beach and my favourite past time is boogey boarding. I love the colour purple and lots of attention! I am a show off and love to compete in different competitions. I was in the WA finals for Pet Fashion Week in 2006 and I won Mandurah's Cutest Pet in 2007. I am also featured in the 2009 Dog A Day Calendar for the RSPCA as Miss 5th December. I have an older brother named Jerry-Lee who I dont see anymore... Mum says he went to the Rainbow Bridge and I will see him again one day.

Followers


Make your own Countdown Clocks

PLEASE SIGN MY GUEST BOOK :)

Friday, April 3, 2009

Five Fur Friday #4 RANSOM Readers Choice

Hello loyal readers! Bark Kent here again with Five Fur Friday. This week we have a new dog on the block. She may only be fairly new to the dog blogging world but this girl has made an impact! That's right... It's the straight talking girl RANSOM.

Bark Kent: Hi Ransom! Thank you fur taking the time to bark with me today. I am furry sorry that I have been so unorganized this week and fur the short notice with your interview. I should never have over looked the one and only Ransom!

Ransom: That's quite all right! The suspense of waiting all week to find out if I had been chosen or not probably helped sharpen my already keen observation skills! And that is very important when you are head of security!

Bark Kent: I have kept you waiting long enough, so lets get straight into it. I'm sure my readers are dying to know more about you... I understand you were recently kept imprisoned fur weeks! Can you tell us what happened and how it has affected you?

Ransom: Yes. It was a horrific ordeal. I was only sprung yesterday evening! I have the unfortunate lot in life to be stuck with a control freak Spokeswoman. I knew I was in trouble when she color coded the three small, but deceptively fierce, Ninjas that I live with. Then, about three weeks ago she looked at me and declared, "Oh my, Ransom! You're in season," and with those two short sentences began my long ordeal of being confined inside the privacy fence, utterly deprived of all access to the outside world. Day after day I languished...alone and abandoned. Well, almost alone. Actually it would have been BETTER to have BEEN ALONE. Instead, I was cooped up with a manic, psychotic, little Border Collie possessed by a Napoleonic complex and a lazy, delusional, overgrown, perceptually-impaired Newfoundland. As you have probably guessed by now, Bark, a major portion of my day to day job involves keeping those two desperately dysfunctional dogs in line and out of trouble!

Bark Kent: On first impressions most people would assume you are a German Shepherd, but in actual fact you are a Mexican-Chinese Shepherd. Would you please explain to my readers who may not be aware, exactly what the difference is between the two?

Ransom: Well, my papers list me as a German Shepherd, but, in fact, my mother was from Mexico. She had just arrived with her shiny new green card, hardly speaking any English at all when she met my dad and fell madly in love. He had been an undercover cop, but nearly died during his last assignment after his cover was blown. (He had been posing a body guard to drug king pin). Dad was convalescing from his brush with death when his path crossed Mom's. He was utterly, instantly, irrevocably smitten. Sounds like the stuff fairy tales are made of! You might be thinking, "Ahhh...and they lived happily ever after!" But, you would be totally wrong! Mom had a free spirit, an iron will and a fiery temperament. Dad was equally uncompromising and more than a little addicted to adrenalin. His life was his work...so, it isn't any wonder that as he regained his strength he began to feel restless. And, Mom, for her part, began to feel trapped, being saddled with nine puppies. So it is really no surprise at all that even though their love for each other burned fiercely, they had none-the-less gone their separate ways before myself and my eight siblings were more than a few weeks old. Dad's life was his work and Mom just never was the motherly type, so we nine pups all set out on our own pretty early. I was merely six weeks old when I hooked up with the three small Ninjas. Being raised by CHINESE Ninjas left it's mark on me. Hispanic blood courses through my veins, but the three Chinese Ninjas have etched their mark on my heart and soul. So, that's how I came to be a Mexican-Chinese Shepherd.

Bark Kent: I have to ask... You have a furry rocky relationship with your sister Gabby, how is her moving to Alaska going to affect you?

Ransom: It will utterly DEVASTATE me. She's the only dog I've ever been able to goad into a really good fight. The two backyard dogs where I live now are mildly entertaining in their eccentricities, lack of social skills, and over all aberrant behavior, but neither of them can hold a candle to Gabby when it comes to a good old fashioned BRAWL. My dearest memory is the fight when she notched my ear! Her Spokeswoman was horrified, but I was rather pleased with the result...gives me more of a coyote look! And nothing has ever released stress for me quite like sinking my teeth into Gabby's vain little throat. I don't know what I will do without her. It breaks my heart to think that in just three short weeks she is going to be so far away. Also, I am just worried sick because she isn't very bright (have you ever SEEN her SPELLING?). I'm not sure she can make it on her own. I've always been around, in the past, to bail her out of the tight spots she gets in. When she got slapped into prison up in Kansas City for illegal digging, I was the one who came up with an escape plan for her. I suggested she give a sob story to our gullible brother, Vader. It worked! He let her hide out at his place down in the Ozarks for several weeks. She'd still be there, living the good life, if she hadn't messed up and tried treating Vader like she has always treated me. I mean, I'm in top physical condition...there isn't anything Gabby can throw at me that I can't handle with one paw tied behind my back...but, our brother...that is a different matter. He always was a couch potato. While I have been working out daily with the three Ninjas, Vader has just been lazing in the sun with his head buried in his food dish! Gabby, gave him a good working over and the wimp wound up limping and gimping so much that his Spokesperson threw Gabby out on her pretty little ear. So, now, she's back up in Kansas City waiting on her airline ticket to Alaska.

Bark Kent: Who was the first pup to bark on your blog and do you still bark with them today?

Ransom: Why it was Khyra The Siberian Husky , of course, on Valentine's Day of this year! I started blogging when I was eight months old, so I've been at it nearly two months now and, obviously, in that long of time pups have come and gone and many are long forgotten...but Khyra has STAYING power! That Husky is amazing. Sometimes she has already commented on a post before I've even hit the "publish" button! I've never met her in person, but I know I'd like her a lot!

Bark Kent: And finally, the million dollar question... Ev-furry pup that has visited your blog knows just how much you love the ninjas, but if you could only choose one of them to spend an entire month alone with, who would it be and why?

Ransom: Wow! That IS a million dollar question. I have such an naturally analytical brain that it is almost impossible to stump me, but I think you might have done just that Bark! The three Ninjas are all so very different from each other and I love them all differently, but every bit as fiercely. Littlest Ninja is REALLY bossy, but, on the other hand, she is loads of fun and she has the best sense of humor of the three of them. Almost everything that I think is fun, she thinks is fun, too. And she can run like the wind! Like I said, though, she's awfully LITTLE. I'd be worried NOT to take her, because if I wasn't around, who would protect her? Then there is the Medium Sized Ninja. He is really cool! He likes to play rough and get dirty and he NEVER gets tired or slows down. He's got incredible stamina! He and I just speak the same language. He needs me as much as Littlest Ninja does. Then Oldest Ninja is awesome. She has taught me nearly everything I know, but she isn't nearly finished with me yet. Taking a month out of my Ninja mentoring would really set me a long ways back. I mean, she has SO MUCH left to teach me. She is a incredible pole vaulter and just this morning she was telling me she was going to teach me how to jump higher, too. Right now, I can snatch my flying rabbit from a tree branch seven and a half feet off the ground, which isn't too shabby...but, Oldest Ninja is convinced that I haven't yet even begun to reach my full potential. It would be quite handy to be able to scale the privacy fence! Bark, I don't think I could leave any one of the three behind, let alone TWO of them, for an entire month. I need them almost as much as they need me...all THREE of them!!!

Bark Kent: Thank you furry much fur your time today Ransom. I just love your straight talking attitude!

Ransom: Well, Bark, thank YOU for giving me the opportunity to be interviewed by you. It has been a genuine honor. I have followed your interviews from the beginning (clear back to the Snuggle Puggle interview) and have consistently been amazed at your interviewing prowess! To be interviewed by THE BARK KENT has been totally awesome! I hope it is okay that I have given such succinct answers to your five burning questions. I know you would have liked for me to go into far more detail, but I felt like I should keep it short and to the point. After all, I wasn't sure how long you had before your mom and Scooby would once more appropriate your computer! Speaking of Scooby...I went on his Single's Site (not for ME, of course! I already have the Dashing Dexter!)...anyway, I nosed around his spot in cyberspace pretty thoroughly and thought I had found the perfect way to get rid of the psychotic, little Border Collie that just doesn't know when to LEAVE my backyard. I tried hooking her up with one of Scooby's singles, Ludo, a dashing Sheltie who (MOST IMPORTANTLY!) lives on a DIFFERENT CONTINENT!!! I even, self-lessly, offered to raise her airfare and everything, so theirs would not have to be a long distance relationship. But, sadly, Ludo was not interested in taking my psychotic little side-kick off my hands. Oh well....

Bark Kent: Well loyal pups, if you haven't yet visited Ransom's blog you should stop by. Also, please take a moment to check out Suzuki's previous post about the passing of "Little Man" today. Until next time, this is Bark Kent signing out!

38 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh Bark and Ransom: woo didn't let me down!

I knew Bark's skills and Ransom's story would make fur a fantastikh interwoo!

I'm touched I even got a woof out!

I do think that Ransom and I khould sooooo set that yard on fire with our playing skills! Hip chekhks fur all!

Tank woo again!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is probably the best interview you have done yet,Bark Kent. They are all fantastic, but this one was superb. We are heading over to visit Ransom now.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Anonymous said...

Hi Bark Kent! Great interview with Ransom! Sorry about Little Man - it was nice of your mum to do all she could for him.

See ya!
Joey

Clive said...

That is one great interview Bark! We really enjoy Ransom's blog and she was a wonderful interviewee!!

Well done to you both!

lots of woofs
Clive

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh dear Bark Kent!!!!
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!!!
this interview is GREAT!!!!!!
good good good good Job!!!!
And is very very nice to meet Ransom and know she and her secrets!!!!!
thanks for sharing with us!!!
you are the best reporter in the world!!!!!
we love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!
have a great weekend!!!!
Kisses and licks!!!

the magic sleigh said...

Woo Bark and Ransome, what an interview, I howled at the Border collie comments, having to live with one, I totally understand.....
Hmmm maybe I will set up my male border collie with your female, as long as they don't live here!
-Kira The BeaWootiful

Wei Qian said...

Good job on the interview Suzuki!!! Thumb, opps, i mean paws up for you! I will go off to Ransom's blog now (:

best regards
Vodka

Checkers & Chess said...

Suzi - what a great interview - Ransom has a very interesting life.

How do we work out this date thing? What is your favorite kind of Ice Cream?

running with excitement -
Checkers

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Excellent interview! Bravo!
I enjoyed every words of it.
You could replace Barbara Walters on 20/20.
(I leaked when I read the story about the little man, sooo sad).
Please come to my blog to pick up your 2 Rose and Friendship Awards and to see me proposing to my dream girl.
Love ya lot.

Martha said...

Another fine interview by Bark Kent - we dont know Ransom yet so that gave us a load of info!
Have a nice weekend.
love
Martha & Bailey xx

Nibbles Treats said...

Great job again. You are one thorough reporter.

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Wow, yes, bow wow!! Great story and interview. Now we'll visit Ransom. She's something else!
Smooches from pooches,
BabyRocketDog & Hootie

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! WOW WOW Pawsome interview. Enjoyed it! Lots of Woofs Woofs, Sugar!

Rambo said...

Great job Bark Kent! Now how do I hook up with Tahlia?
Rambo

Molly the Airedale said...

What an awesome interview, Bark! We feel that we know Ransom so much better now! Great job!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Chase said...

Thank Bark Kent for your great interview. I think I'm going to make a new furry friend. :-)


Sniffs and licks,

Chase

Clover said...

Hi Bark Kent,
This was a great interview with Ransom, I had fun learning about her!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Love Clover xo
P.S. My blog is gone now, but I will be back soon, and I will let you know where to find me.

Mason Dixie said...

What a great interview, thanks for sharing it with us. =)

Bobby said...

Hi Bobby here thanks for coming by, I enjoyed the interview, well done.

Charlie said...

What a good interviewer you are, Bark!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bark Kent!
You made a pawesome job with Ransom's interview!
She is part mexican... like me!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Pipa said...

That is a pawsome interview, Suzuki! We're going to visit Ransom's blog, we loved her attitude!


Love


Pipa

Anonymous said...

Great interview Bark (and very clever idea btw). Keep up the good work! Tank

Amber and Nala said...

Great interview. I am on my way to visit Ransom! :)

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

H Suzuki! Nice to meet you. thanks for stopping by my blog. great interview!
your pal, Morgan

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Suzuki,
Great interview. We also read the post about Little Man. Your mum sounds like our mum - she was always recuing animals from the road and now she is a member of WIRES so she has an avary in the back yard to nurse all those poor injured birdies back to health so they can be released. So sorry that the little honey eater didn't make it.
Lix
J&D

Maxie said...

Another great interview Bark Kent!
Ransom was a pawsome choice.

Love,
Charlie

P.S. Mom said thanks.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh what an awesome interview. It sounds like you really are going to miss Gabby.. Keep those Ninja's in line...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

bbes tribe said...

Great interview! Thanks for checking my blog. We're kind of new and are still learning some of the tricks of it. Have a fun day!! It is really nice here today so maybe we will get to go to the beach and swim.

Later - -
Ernie & Sasha

The Army of Four said...

Great interview as always, Bark!
Tail wags,
Storms

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Great interview again Bark!
I feel real bad now about turning Ransom's sissie down, but she not exactly make her sound like a good prospect does she? BOL!
~lickies, Ludo

Sorry bout Little Man. It must have beed hard for your mum to go through that and then lose him. :(

Selba said...

Whoaaaa... very long post! Gotta come back again later to read it all.

Licks,
Adele, Vincent & Bella

Asta said...

Bawk Kent
I wead youw intewview wif gweat intewest. You ask such insightful, clevew questions and get the best out of youw intewviewees.
Ransom's stowy was wondewful. Thank you fow taking the time to wite it. I think you awe faw bettew than any of the hooman jouwnalistses
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Bae Bae said...

That's a pawsome interview. :)

~ Bae

Mochi and Bali said...

Great interview, Bark! Ransom is a very interesting girl! I'm looking forward to your next interview!

Mochi

Dewey Dewster said...

Well....Bark, that interview with Ransom was informative, indeed....great job....we shall have to bark on over ta her blog ta see what else she has been up ta.....

By the by, ya look pawsome in yer glasses.

Dewey Dewster here.....

Rambo said...

Little ole me....hot??? I've never been called hot before. Yeah...right. I am one hot chihuahua.
Ram

Agatha and Archie said...

Well we must say...excelent interview.....really fabulous... perhpas you should do these on telly?? Love A+A