About Me

My photo
Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
Big licks to you! My name is Suzuki aka Suzi. I am 8 years old and have lived with my Mum and Dad since I was 6 weeks old! I have a younger sister named Tahlia, a younger brother named Scooby Doo and a rabbit brother named Brandon. I am a water baby, I love the beach and my favourite past time is boogey boarding. I love the colour purple and lots of attention! I am a show off and love to compete in different competitions. I was in the WA finals for Pet Fashion Week in 2006 and I won Mandurah's Cutest Pet in 2007. I am also featured in the 2009 Dog A Day Calendar for the RSPCA as Miss 5th December. I have an older brother named Jerry-Lee who I dont see anymore... Mum says he went to the Rainbow Bridge and I will see him again one day.

Followers


Make your own Countdown Clocks

PLEASE SIGN MY GUEST BOOK :)

Friday, June 5, 2009

Five Fur Friday #1 Comeback Interview LORENZA

Bark Kent: Hi Lorenza. Thanks fur coming back to answer the questions the Readers want to know!

Lorenza: Thanks Bark. It is a honor to have been chosen by our friends for this interview.

Bark Kent: They have all been snapping at my ankles eager to get started, so let's get straight into it...

Tessa: How many dresses do you have in your wardrobe?

Lorenza: Hi, Tessa. I have 92 summer dresses and 10 winter coats.

Khyra: I would like to ask which is your favourite dress?

Lorenza: Hi, Khyra! I like all my dresses but these two are my very favorites.


The first one is special because my grandma embroidered it with ribbon. The second, is one of the last made by my grandma and I like its big bow and the colors.

Agatha & Archie: Yes, we had the same questions for the cutest best dressed girl in Mexico. We (and PL2) wanted to know exactly how many dresses you have and which one is your favorite.

Lorenza: Hi, Agatha and Archie… and PL2! My answer is above and I have to add that all my dresses are made by my grandma but I have another special one that was sent to me by Suzuki and I like it a lot too!

Dave (Army of Four): Woo, Lorenza. It's me - Dave, Guide Dog for the Color Blind. As you know, I really admire your colorful dresses. My question is - Do you prefer one color over the others?

Lorenza: Hi, Dave! I don’t have a favorite color but if you see my dresses many of them are pink. My grandma buys fabric in soft colors and my mom likes dark colors.

Chef: What size dress do you take because I want to send you one. My Mama saw the most gorgeous dresses in the pet store and she thought of you.

Lorenza: Hi, Chef! OMD! That would be pawesome! My size is Medium. Thanks a lot!

Mason Dixie: Can we see a picture of all your dresses laid out like a rainbow?

Lorenza: Hi, Mason Dixie! I did not have enough space to laid out all of them but I took this picture of many of them!


Abby: Besides taking baths, what is your favorite thing to do?

Lorenza: Hi, Abby! In order of importance… Sleep, eat and go out for walkies.

Mango: I would like to know what you think is the biggest difference between living in Mexico and living in the US for a doggie. OK, I would also like to know what Mexico is like. It looks hot.

Lorenza: Hi, Mango! Living in Mexico is very hard for animals. There are just a few laws to protect us but nobody cares about them. Nobody respects them. Any dog or cat can be abused and the “human” who does this is not punished. Many people say they love their pets but they are not considered part of the family. All the dogs I know stay all the time outside in their yards or patios. Their humans give them food and water… but nothing else. Due to this, there are no pet stores here. People prefer to spend their money in human things. But… I am a lucky dog! I have the best family. My grandparents take care of me while my mom is at work and they play with me all day. They talk to me in a very sweet way. When my mom comes home, I go out for walkies. She plays with me too. I sleep on the big bed (the one my mom thinks is hers). I have my own mini pool. The one thing is different than many of you is that I have to go to the Vet more often than you. Here there are lots of stray dogs and cats and that causes illness so I have to get my vaccines every 6 months. Besides the vaccines, I go there to get my nails cut and my butt squeezed every month. My Vet says I am his favorite patient. I never miss and appointment and my mom is always pendent of them.
The weather. Here in Torreon is hot… very hot from March to October. Summer is like hell. Normally 100 – 110 degrees! November to February are the best months of the year. Very nice weather. Not very cold. Never snows.

Joey & Zeke: What does the mean mailman do that is mean?

Lorenza: Hi, Joey and Zeke! Ok. The mailman is a nice man. When he comes to my house I like to greet him with furious tail wags. Problem is… he takes a lot of time to deliver my things. For example. The first year of the Christmas Card Exchange I got several cards in May and June! And, sometimes, if you send me something by mail I can get it two or three months later. This year, he has been behaving better but now I am used to call him “My mean mailman”!

Bark Kent: Thank you again fur taking the time to answer the Readers Choice Questions.

Lorenza: Thanks to you Bark and to all our friends.

Bark Kent: Until next time this is Bark Kent signing out.

28 comments:

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

a great job Lorenza! we are so very sad about the welfare of animals in Mexico

The Army of Four said...

What a great interview! My favorite part was seeing all of Lorenza's dresses laid out! And color-coded, too! Woooo!
Thanks, Bark Kent!
Luv,
Dave
PS: Zim said to tell you "ha roo!"

Maxmom said...

Hey Suzi...and Lorenzo
Thanks for the wonderful interview. Lorenzo, I hate to tell you this, but you are a very, very Lucky Dog! We know what it's like in South Africa...the culture towards dogs in general is much the same as yours in Mexico..so we have to really appreciated our owners.

...But those Dresses?? Hey man, that's cool - you should be in the movie,"27 DRESSES", but you beat them man!!

Well done on a wonderful post!
Luv Max &Co in sunny South Africa

Brind'Amour Clumbers said...

WOW, I have to say, that was the best interniew I ever read! I was glued to the floor. I almost made some popcorn! Looking forward to the next one!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

Martha said...

Great interview Lorenza and Bark. We didn't realise that life was so tough for animals in Mexico. We are glad you have a good family - we knew that already of course from just reading your blog.
We have laws in the UK but still we have animals neglected and badly treated!
love
Martha & Bailey xxx

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Woowoowoowooooo!!!!
Great interview again!!!!
We loved reading about our friends' secrets!!!!
And Lorenza is a wonderful girl!!!!
We are impressed from all her dresses!!!
Her mommy is a great dresses stylist!!!!
the picture of all Lorenza dresses is GREAT!!!!!
Thanks Bark for this post!!!!
We love you!!!!!

Nibbles Treats said...

Great interview. We're sending Lorenza some cooler air and lots of wishes for better animal welfare.

Tinkebell, Oscar and Tucker

Agatha and Archie said...

AS always an informative and well put together interview.......We can always trust the news we get on your site Bark.......In fact we think you should get a journalistic award! That Lorenza,she is a doll....Love and kisses A+A

Anonymous said...

Very interesting... thanks Bark! I don't think I could take the heat in Mexico. 110 degrees for 8 months and the dogs all live outside??? That's just not right.
Maybe we should write letters to the government there asking for more humane treatment of their doggies.

Rufus and Indie said...

Once again: great interview!
Kisses
Rufus and Indie

Fred said...

So great to learn more about Lorenza! Interesting but sad information about animals in Mexico, too.

T said...

What a fantastic interview!!!

I love all of Lorenza's dresses, WOW!!!

The WriggleButts said...

Well done, Lorenza!

B

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bark!
Thanks a lot!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mason Dixie said...

Wow thanks for sharing so much with us today Lorenza, I love all the dresses and you are one lucky pup to have such a great family.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That was great, Bark Kent and Lorenza. We just love visiting her blog and she is so lucky to have such a wonderful family. We wish more pups in Mexico had the same thing.

Woos, the OP Pack

Mic said...

Very engaging interview!!!

And, speaking of engaging, congratulations Suzuki!

And, back to what you commented about on my blog, I also just wanted to say that I'm so lucky to have all my friends in the cyber-sphere!!! Please, don't worry about sending me anything...just KNOWING you all know it is my birthday and are wishing me a Happy Day is enough!

(Besides, if you all started sending presents, I'd have to share them with the Psycho Border Collie and the Goofy Newfie and that would probably be more hassle than it would be worth!)

Diego Dog said...

Another great interwoo Bark!!

Lorenza is such a hot-diggity-dog.

Diego Dog

Anonymous said...

Hi Bark Kent! That was a very interesting comback interview with Lorenza! She has the best wardrobe of any doggie in the world, and she looks so pretty in every single dress, doesn't she? Thanks for asking our question - now we know about the mean mailman.

See ya!
Joey and Zeke

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Tank woo BK and Lorenza fur taking the time to adDRESS our khwestions fur Lorenza!

Great work again!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Abby said...

Hi, Bark...

OMdoG...What a great interview...

I can't believe Lorenza has 92 dresses...Well, yeah..I guess I can...

I don't think I've ever seen her wear the same one twice...

One of my favorite interviews so far, Bark...You really out did yourself this time...

Abby xxxooo

Clive said...

A brillant interview! It was very enlightening to read about what life is like for dogs in Mexico.

and what a selection of dresses!!

Well done Bark Kent on another great interview.

lots of woofs
Clive and gang

Taffy said...

The two of you put together a great interview. This is the first one I have seen but will have to go back and view the others. Lorenza, maybe you and your Momma will influence the neighbors to be more kind to their pups...fingers crossed! ~Twix

Bijou said...

Those were some super questions. Thank you Lorenza for sharing all that fun info with us. (We are shocked that you have only 92 dresses. I would have guessed a couple hundred at least!). It was very interesting reading how doggies are treated in your country. It's sad some people don't consider us members of the family. But I have to admit, there are plenty of animals right here in the US that are mistreated.

Thanks Bark for the terrific interview!

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

Checkers & Chess said...

great interview Bark -

Molly the Airedale said...

Wow! Lorenza has more dresses than our mom has had in her entire life!
She is one lucky girl!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Mochi and Bali said...

That was a great interview! Wow! She sure has lots of dresses!

Mochi

Lacy said...

w00fs Bark, wow, pawsome interview wiff Lorenza...she has the cutest clothes..

b safe,
~rocky~